Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Grape Trifle

My cousin David sent me this recipe . I know how good this is, as it is served often at our third Sunday dinners at church. I prefer to use the red grapes in it, as it seems to be sweeter. I just love red grapes. I also use them in chicken salad, but anyway, here it is, and it is a blue winner. I have recently discovered seedless black grapes which are really wonderful......


Grape Trifle

Cream together:



1 cup sour cream (I prefer reduced fat.)

8-ounce cream cheese (ditto)

½ cup sugar or Splenda

1 tsp. vanilla

Fold in 4 cups washed and dried grapes, removed from the stems. Spread in 8x8" dish.

For topping, grind 1 cup of pecans to fine crumbs. Mix with ¾ cup brown sugar. Spread over grape mixture and refrigerate. Can be doubled for use in a 13x9" dish.
I sometimes sprinkle about a Tablespoon of cinnamon sugar over this as well, this
is such a great dish.Sometimes, I just chop the pecans. Luckily, we have our pecan trees. I love the native ones the best, tiny, but so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment