Monday, January 10, 2011

Sugared Peanuts

I hunted all day for my recipe....I knew it was on one of my blogs....I am trying my best to get them all posted here, so I only need to visit here ....this recipe was from my friend, Wilma...she is a fantastic cook....
Every now and then you find a special treat you really enjoy. This week we went to listen to a group of young people performing violin music. They were wonderful. During intermission, homemade treats were sold for a donation and I picked a bag of sugared peanuts. They were so good, nothing like I had eaten before. I make peanut patties and peanut brittle, but these were exceptional. Recipe hound that I am, I hunted down the person who made them, lucky for me, it was a friend of mine ! She graciously agreed to bring me the recipe. I have waited and waited and tonight, at church, she brought it to me. I will definitely use this for Holiday times and in between. Lucky for us, we live in peanut country, so we have lots of nice, fresh peanuts available to us. This is the recipe, shared with love to you. Make it and enjoy !!


Sugared Peanuts

2 cups raw peanuts
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar

Mix peanuts,sugar and water together in heavy saucepan
and boil over medium heat until liquid is almost gone (about
20 minutes). Spread the nuts on a greased cookie sheet and
sprinkle lightly with salt if desired. Bake at 300 degrees for
45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes to separate. Cool on
the cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container.

These are soooooo gooooood ! She said she used a little
more water as she likes to boil hers longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment