Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Favorite Zucchini Bread

Now that summer is here, my squash is prolific in feeding us...we love squash...and this is my favorite zucchini bread recipe. I think the brown sugar has something to do with it...having our own pecan trees helps, nuts in everything...

ZUCCHINI BREAD

2 eggs
1 cup cooking oil (I use Canola)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
2 cups grated Zucchini
2 TBSP Vanilla
3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use Pecans)
You can also add a handful of raisins if you like them.
Beat eggs. Add oil, sugars, vanilla and zucchini. Mix
lightly. Combine flour,baking soda, baking powder and
cinnamon. Add slowly to the batter and mix lightly. Fold
in nuts (and raisins ).
Pour into two greased and floured bread pans or spray
with Pam.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment